The pool will close at 9 pm on Sunday, September 13th.
Western Pest is scheduled for pest control the following days: September 9th and September 23rd. If you need them to come to your home, please call our office and we will put you on the list.
We strongly encourage each of you to pay your rent online at www.thegardensliving.com. You can pay your rent and water at one time. This saves you writing a check and allows you to pay at your convenience. For residents who pay with a check, there will be no fee!
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
Water Bill Reminder
Your water bills should now be coming to you on a monthly basis. You will pay your water bill with your monthly rent. The bills will still come from Yes Energy, but you will pay directly to The Gardens office or online. Should you not receive your bill, we will be happy to look that up for you.
There will be a canine inspection Tuesday, September 1, 2015 for the following buildings: 4850, 4851, 4810 & 4820.
We Want To Know! Your Opinion Matters!
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us. You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.
Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola Bars
No-bake granola bars with just 5 ingredients and a sweet, crunchy texture. Peanut butter and honey complement each other perfectly in this ideal breakfast or snack bar. Makes 10 bars.
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted (deglet nour or medjool)*
- ¼ cup honey (or sub maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
- ¼ cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free for GF eaters)
- Optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
1. Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
2. Optional step: Toast your oats in a 350 degree oven for 15-ish minutes or until slightly golden brown (if you prefer a toasted flavor). Otherwise, leave them raw.
3. Place oats, almonds and dates in a bowl – set aside.
4. Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
5. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8x8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily. (A loaf pan might work, but will yield thicker bars.)
6. Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
7. Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. You can keep them in the freezer to keep them extra fresh, but it isn’t necessary.
*Note: If your dates don’t feel sticky and moist, soak them in water for 10 minutes and then drain before processing. This will ultimately help hold the bars together better.
• When picking up your mail, please do not park in front of the mailbox stations. Please pull into a parking space so that you do not block residents who are trying to pull into or back out of a parking space.
• Please do not drape towels and other items over patio/balcony railings.
• According to fire regulations, entry halls and/or breezeways must be clear at all times to provide a safe passage for all residents and guests. Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the entry halls, breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings unless specifically agreed to by Management. If an item is being stored in the breezeway, stairwell, or common area, Management will remove it without prior notice and a $50 charge will be assessed to the resident. These items must be claimed within seven (7) business days at the Leasing Office, or they will be disposed of.
• Please pick up after your pets and walk pets away from the front of building entryways and landscaped areas to protect the grassy areas and landscape around the buildings.
• Please be mindful that the speed limit on the property is 10 MPH.
• Pick Your Neighbors: You can pick your new neighbors by referring your community to your family, friends and co-workers and receive a $150 referral bonus!