Team Member News:
Happy Birthday to Cheryl Brooks October 21st!!!
Congratulations to Lauren Moore on her promotion to Assistant Manager at The Gardens!! Please join me in welcoming a new face to the leasing office—Caroline Albrite will join the Gardens Team as a Leasing Consultant on October 6th. Please stop by and introduce yourself.
- Please remember to turn your A/C off when the temperature outside is 65 degrees or below. Otherwise your A/C unit could freeze.
- After washing dishes please dry your sink and countertop area. Leaving water on your countertop can lead to damage.
Do YOU have something to sell or a service to offer? YOU can post these things on our website.
When you log in to your rent café account, go to Resident Bulletin Board. You can post any services you offer. This is just like having a bulletin board on our community without killing any trees. Please feel free to advertise on this area.
We strongly encourage each of you to pay your rent online at www.thegardensliving.com. You can pay your rent and water at one time. This saves you writing a check and allows you to pay at your convenience. For residents who pay with a check, there will be no fee!
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
We Want To Know! Your Opinion Matters!
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us. You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.
Please remember that no grills of any kind may be stored on patios or balconies.
Wine Tasting: October 20th 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com or call 804-364-6300. We will have a limited number of seats for this event.
Halloween Event: Please join us at the Clubhouse on Sunday October 25th at 2:30 to decorate cupcakes and to watch a Magic Show. The Magic Show will start at 3:30 pm.
Halloween: If you wish to have trick or treaters come to your door on Halloween night, please stop by the office to pick up a Halloween flier to place on your door. If you do not see this sign on a door, please do not knock on the door on Halloween.
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
- To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.