When: Sunday, October 27, 2013
- When waiting for the school bus, please stay on the sidewalk. We have received numerous complaints that cars are having a difficult time entering and exiting the community. We want everyone to stay safe.
- Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings. Plants and doormats are allowed near your front door but must not block access to the stairwells of any apartment homes.
- Smoking is not permitted in the breezeways.
Pest Control Concerns
Lately we have received numerous concerns about residents finding snakes on the community.
If you see a snake outside, it is best to leave it alone and allow it to move back into the woods.
Our service team is not trained in snake removal or identification. Our service team can put down Snake Away around your building to help keep the snakes away.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month; this is an annual campaign to increase the awareness of the disease.
Get involved in your community!
Event: Making Stride of Richmond 5K
Date: Sunday, October 20, 2013
Location: Virginia War Memorial
Event: 3rd Annual Pamper In PINK
Hosted by: Aura Spa & Salon, Shula’s America’s Steak House, Hilton Richmond/Short Pump
Date: Thursday, October 3
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Hilton Richmond/Short Pump
Event: 3rd Annual Fall Bazaar
Hosted by: Pink Butterfly Foundation
Date: Saturday, October 5
Time: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Location: Southside Speedway, Chesterfield
FREE Family friendly event featuring live music by Richmond area bands, a vendor market with crafters, artisans and businesses as well as children’s activities.
Health and cancer care providers will be offering health screenings, breast cancer education, information and support.
Team Member News
Happy Birthday to Cheryl Brooks October 21st!!!
- Please remember to turn your A/C off when the temperature outside is 65 degrees or below. Otherwise you’re A/C unit could freeze.
- After washing dishes please dry your sink and countertop area. Leaving water on your countertop can lead to damage.
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 3 dozens
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
- To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
Do YOU have Something to Sell or a Service to Offer?
YOU can post these things on our website!
We have made it easier for you!
Just go to www.thegardensliving.com and click on RESIDENTS then COMMUNITY FORUM.
Then to the left type in your information for all other residents to see.