The Gardens provides pest control service every week; if you notice an issue, please let us know so we can add your apartment to receive service. Please do not wait and allow pests to spread.
Below is the list of scheduled buildings:
November 3: Building 4800: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
November 10:Building 4801: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
November 17: Building 4801: 105-108, 205-208, 305-308
November 24: No Pest Control, Closed for Thanksgiving
Dates to Remember
11/1: All Saints Day
11/2: Deviled Egg Day
11/5: Saturday Maintenance Begins
11/13: World Kindness Day
11/17: Chili Cook Off in the Clubhouse
11/25: Black Friday
The Leasing Office will be closed on November 24th and 25th
Tom the Turkey Hunt: Thursday November 3th, 10th, and the 17th. Tom the Turkey will be hiding somewhere in the community by 9:30am. Be the first resident to return Tom to the Gardens office to have your picture posted on our Facebook page and win a $25 gift card! Each household can only win once.
The Gardens is hosting our annual Chili Cook Off
Thursday, November 17th at 6:30pm!
Come to the Clubhouse to taste some delicious chili!
In order to provide better service to our residents there will be a maintenance technician available to complete work orders on Saturdays, starting in November. Please keep in mind that any service requests made at the end of the week may be completed on Saturday. If you do not wish to have a maintenance tech at your home on Saturday, please be sure to notate it when the request is made.
- Remember to turn off your AC when the outside temperature is 65 degrees or below, otherwise your AC unit may freeze
- Check your heat to make sure it’s working properly before it gets too cold out. Your heat and your hot water both come from the same place, if it needs to be turned up let us know
- Test your stove and oven before the holidays to make sure everything is working properly!
Please say Happy Birthday to…
Our groundskeeper, Daniel on November 8th!
About your water bill
Please consider the following:
- Billed by a third party, Yes Energy
- Can be emailed to you or mailed to your home each month
- Bills are metered, you are only billed for your apartment’s usage
- An administrative fee is added, for monthly meter reads and preparing statements. $3.75 per month
- Your monthly trash fee is $9.99, included in your water bill
- A sewer and water base charge, calculated by Henrico county and divided equally by the number of apartments is added to the bill is well
Things to keep in mind when trying to conserve water:
- A load of laundry can use 27-40 gallons of water
- If you do 2 loads of laundry per week, you can use 216-320 gallons of water per month
- An average shower lasts 8min and can use 17 gallons of water
- An average toilet uses 169 gallons of water per day, per person
- Dishwashers can use 15 gallons of water for each load washed
- Please report any small leaks, toilets running, or sinks dripping
One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used zesty red pepper flavor style)
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut in ¼ inch julienne strips (use an onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 4½ cups vegetable broth (use regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 10 to 12 leaves) basil, diced
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated - I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot - but you can reduce as desired .
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil leaves and stir pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot evenly throughout the pasta as you are serving. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.