- When waiting for the school bus, please stay on the sidewalk. We have received numerous complaints that cars are having a difficult time entering and exiting the community. We want everyone to stay safe.
- Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings. Plants, doormats, and holiday decorations are allowed near your front door but must not block access to the stairwells of any apartment homes.
November office hours
The Gardens office will be closed on Wednesday November 11th for a training class.
The Gardens will also be closed November 26th and 27th.
Volunteers for the American Heart Association are celebrating American Heart Month by knitting red hats for all babies born in February at participating hospitals. We’re raising awareness of heart disease, the number one killer of Americans, and congenital heart defects, and the most common type of birth defect in the country.
The Gardens would love your help with this project
If you knit or crochet we need your help with making these hats. The hats would need to be dropped off at The Gardens Clubhouse by December 23rd. Please use simple patterns with no bows or pompoms. Yarn specifics: Red, cotton or acrylic, medium to heavy weight, machine washable and dryable. Hats in newborn and preemie sizes are needed.
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
- Please remember to turn your A/C off when the temperature outside is 65 degrees or below. Otherwise your A/C unit could freeze.
- Check your heat and make sure that is working. Your heat works your hot water, so if it needs to be turned up let us know.
- Please go ahead and test out your stove before the holidays so we can make sure it is working properly.
Chili Cook off: Sunday November 15th from 2pm to 3pm.
Tom the Turkey Hunt: Thursday November 5th, 12th, and the 19th. Tom the Turkey will be hiding somewhere at the Gardens by 9:30am. Be the first resident to find Tom and bring him into the office to have your picture posted on our Facebook site with Tom and win a $25.00 Kroger gift card. Each household can only win once.
On Line Services
Save yourself time by taking advantage of our online services. Please register online to submit service requests, pay your rent, and post on our resident bulletin board.
If you need help with any of these services, please feel free to contact our office for assistance.
Recipes: This is a favorite in my home
Pistachio Brussel Sprouts
Prep: 10 min
Cooking: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons of juice
- 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and shallot and sauté until just wilted, about 5 minutes, being careful not to let them burn. Add the lemon zest, juice and pistachios and continue to sauté until completely heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
We Want To Know! Your Opinion Matters!
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us. You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.