Refer a Friend
Community Bulletin Board
Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm
The Gardens Staff
THE GARDENS AT TWIN HICKORY
NOVEMBER 2014 NEWSLETTER
Internet Cafe and Back Patio
The Internet Café and the back patio are now open!! To enter the internet café you will need your FOB. You can enter the gym through the café as well.
The back patio has 2 gas grills and a beautiful gas fireplace. You first have to turn the timers on the grills and the fireplace for them to turn on. If you need help with this just ask someone in the office and we will be glad to assist you. You can either walk around back to get to the patio or go through the internet café to the gym and then out back!
Please remember that anyone under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult while in the internet café. Please make sure you do not prop open the door while in the internet café.
- Please remember to turn your A/C off when the temperature outside is 65 degrees or below. Otherwise you’re A/C unit could freeze.
- Check your heat and make sure that is working. Your heat works your hot water, so if it needs to be turned up let us know.
- Please go ahead and test out your stove before the holidays so we can make sure it is working properly.
- When waiting for the school bus, please stay on the sidewalk. We have received numerous complaints that cars are having a difficult time entering and exiting the community. We want everyone to stay safe.
- Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings. Plants and doormats are allowed near your front door but must not block access to the stairwells of any apartment homes.
The Gardens Team volunteers at Food Bank in Richmond Va. If you have extra time or any interested in working with us we would love to have your help. Please contact Janine Swiney for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Prep: 30 min.
Bake: 30 min.
- 2 ½ cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 ounces of Velveeta cheese
- 1 1/3 cups of 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups of soft bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 2 ½ qt. baking dish. In saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the flour, salt and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a moil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in American cheese until melted. Stir in cottage cheese and sour cream. Pour over macaroni. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Melt remaining butter and toss with break crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
The Gardens at Twin Hickory is looking for a holiday service project. We would love to give back and help the community. If you have any service projects that you could recommend we would love to help.
Let us Know We want to Grow
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us.
You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.