June is National Candy Month!
Come celebrate with us on June 16th! We will have a candy bar in the internet café for residents to enjoy at 4PM until the candy runs out.
We want to start a Book Club!
If you are interested please email Janine Swiney at email@example.com. The first meeting of
The Gardens Book Club is June 14th at 7PM.
The Pool is Open
- Two (2) guests per apartment are allowed especially during holidays and busy times.
- Anyone under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Please do not leave the pool gate open and do not let anyone in that does not have a FOB, we want our residents to be able to enjoy their pool!
- The shower that is in the pool area is just for rinsing off, please do not use soap or shampoo as it causes mildew build up and odor in the shower area.
Monday’s: Noon – 9PM
Tuesday – Sunday: 10AM – 9PM
BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!
- If you have an emergency please call it in right away, so we can fix it as quick as possible so that it does not result in more damage
- Please do not mess with the landscaping. We are seeing a lot of bushes/flowers/trees/plant material being pulled out of the ground and left in the breezeways and sidewalks and it is unsightly
- Please throw all your trash into the trash compactor. We are seeing more and more trash being thrown into the roll off dumpster and it is attracting crows and buzzards
The Gardens provides pest control service every week: If you notice an issue, please let us know so we can add your apartment to receive service. Please do not wait and allow pests to spread.
Below is the list of scheduled buildings:
June 2: Building 4850: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
June 9: Building 4850: 105-108, 205-208, 305-308
June 16: Building 4820: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
June 23: Building 4820: 105-108, 205-208, 305-308
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mango, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (loose pack, not chopped, stems and all)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus extra for grill
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone in, skin on
1. Put the mango, cilantro, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, chipotle, salt and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
2. Add the chicken with half of the chipotle-mango sauce to a resalable plastic bag, and massage to coat the chicken with the sauce. Refrigerate at least 6 hours to marinate.
3. Put the other half of the chipotle-mango sauce into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until thick, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Set some of the simmered sauce aside to serve on the side, and baste the chicken every few minutes with the rest of the sauce.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush with oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put on the grill.
5. Grill the chicken, turning and basting about every 5 minutes, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the reserved chipotle-mango sauce.