Snow removal is a shared responsibility between The Gardens at Twin Hickory residents and The Gardens staff. Our team works very diligently to remove snow and ice from the parking lots, sidewalks, and stairways in the community. We recommend that The Gardens residents have a broom, snow shovel, ice scraper and de-icer on hand to personally remove snow from their vehicles and around it. The Gardens staff is not permitted to push or tow residents’ vehicles.
Although our staff is the best around, we cannot be everywhere at once so please be patient when calling about snow removal requests. Please park your cars approximately (3) feet from the curb when the weather predictions include snow accumulation. This will help our snow and ice removal team when clearing the sidewalks and making them safe for passage. Additionally, please report any extremely hazardous areas to us so we may give it our immediate attention.
Date: Thursday, February 12th
Time: 6:30 sharp
More information to come!
Western Pest is scheduled for pest control the following days: February 11th, February 25th, March 11th and March 25th. If you need them to come to your home please call our office and we can put you on the list.
Online Payments / Service Requests
The Gardens is happy to announce that we have updated our online payment portal. When you go to our website www.thegardensliving.com you will need to create a new account. If you have any questions or are having any issues please give us a call. With this new system there is no longer any convenience fee when you pay with an e-check!!
Thank you to all our residents who work for Capital One and came out to our appreciation night. We appreciate you choosing to make The Gardens your home.
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
Lasagna Rolls (Giada De Laurentiis recipe)
Total Time: 1hr 25min
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 ¼ cups whole milk
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
1 large egg, beaten to blend
3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
1.To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high. Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
4. Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
5. Butter a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Lay out 4 lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread a large spoonful (about 3 tablespoons worth) of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamel sauce in the dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture. Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining marinara sauce in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside.
- Only use the compactor for trash as the second dumpster is for construction only.
- DO NOT WALK ON THE POND. It might look frozen but it is not and we do not want anyone getting hurt.
- Please avoid leaving bikes, scooters, or trash in the breezeways.
Let us Know We want to Grow
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us.
You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.