The Gardens provides pest control service every week; if you notice an issue, please let us know so we can add your apartment to receive service. Please do not wait and allow pests to spread.
Below is the list of scheduled buildings:
December 1: Building 4811: 105-108, 205-208, 305-308
December 8: Building 4821: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
December 15: Building 4821: 105-108, 208-208, 305-308
December 22: Building 4831: 101-104, 201-204, 301-304
December 29: No Pest Control Service
Dates to Remember
12/3: Pet Costume Contest Begins
12/5: Walt Disney’s Birthday
12/7: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
12/10: Make Your Own Ornament
12/12: Holiday Decoration Contest Begins
12/14: Tacky Sweater Party
12/15: Book Club
12/17: National Maple Syrup Day
12/21: Winter Solstice
12/24: Beginning of Hanukkah
12/25: Christmas Day
12/26: Beginning of Kwanzaa
12/30: Bacon Day
12/31: New Year’s Eve
The Book Club will be meeting on December 15th at 5:30pm to discuss See Me by Nicholas Sparks.
Everyone is welcome to read the book and join us!
Make Your Own Ornament
When: Sunday, December 10th from 2pm to 3 pm.
Where: In the Clubhouse
Come decorate your own holiday ornament!
Tacky Sweater Mix & Mingle: Tis the Season to be Tacky!
When: Wednesday, December 14th from 6-8PM
Where: In the clubhouse
Hors Devours, drinks & desserts will be provided! Remember to wear your tackiest holiday attire!
Leasing Office Holiday Hours
The leasing office will be closed December 21st, 24th, 25th and January 1st. If you have a maintenance emergency please call 804-364-6300 to leave a message for our service team.
Important Package Reminders
Packages will be accepted at the Leasing Office during normal business hours from all delivery services including DHL, UPS and/or FedEx. We love being able to offer this service and want to keep accepting packages, but we need your help especially with the holidays approaching. Please consider the following:
- Our space for packages is extremely limited. If you are expecting a large package, please leave a signed note on your door stating that it can be left in front of your door, or consider having it delivered to your place of business,
- Package acceptance on behalf of our residents is a service provided as a convenience and resident agrees not to hold HHHunt responsible in the event a theft or loss occurs.
- Packages must be picked up during normal business hours at the Leasing Office. Please observe holidays and scheduled closings to ensure prompt receipt of your package.
- Packages not picked up within fourteen (14) days may be returned to sender.
- Residents are responsible for notifying the delivery company of their delivery preference (i.e. leasing office, leave at door, etc.) when no one is home.
- Track your packages online so that you know when they have been delivered.
- The following types of packages may be refused and may not be stored in our leasing office:
- Packages shipped prior to occupancy
- Oversized Boxes
- Packages containing perishable items
Show us how you celebrate the season
Post a photo on our Facebook page between December 12th and December 20th of your most decorated space in your place. This can be your balcony decorated for the Holidays, inside decorations, or your table decorated for a family meal. The picture with the most likes by Thursday December 20th will win a $50.00 gift card. The photo with the second most likes will win a $25.00 gift card. We will announce the winners on December 21st!
Community Service Opportunity
HHHunt Holiday Food Drive
We will be collecting non-perishable food items to help feed the hungry in our area. For each donated food item, HHHunt will donate $1 to our local Food Bank. We will be collecting can goods and other non-perishables from December 1-19.
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark
- 20 ounces white chocolate candiquick or white chocolate morsels
- 16 Oreos, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a 13 x 9 baking tray with parchment paper, making sure that extra paper hangs over the sides for easy lifting once chocolate is hardened. Set aside.
- Assemble Oreo cookies and crushed candy canes so that toppings are ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, break 8 ounces of white chocolate into pieces and microwave until fully melted and smooth. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that chocolate doesn't burn.
- Once chocolate in melted, spread onto prepared tray using a spatula or knife. White chocolate should cover entire pan in a thin layer.
- Top white chocolate with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden.
- As chocolate mixture is hardening, melt remaining 12 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and spread remaining white chocolate over the top in an even layer, coating the entire pan.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top of chocolate.
- Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden completely.
- Once ready, lift parchment paper by overhang and set on counter. Chocolate will lift right out of paper.
- Break into pieces by hand or using a knife.
- Bark will keep in an air tight container for up to one month if left on the counter, or will keep in the refrigerator for several months.
- Please remember, you must break down your boxes before putting them into recycling
- Please remember to pick up your packages in the Clubhouse, our package closet is starting to get very full due to the holiday season; leave a note on your door if you wish to have your package left outside
- Pet owners, please remember to always pick up after your pets
Maintenance Requests and Rent Payment
We would like to encourage our residents to pay rent and submit maintenance requests through our website, www.thegardensliving.com, exclusively. When maintenance requests are submitted through the website, they go directly to the maintenance team, which can ultimately expedite your service. When you pay your rent online you can easily check your account balance and setup recurring payments through your bank account or credit card.
Holiday Pet Contest
December 3rd to December 10th
Your pet wants to be festive too! Post a picture on The Gardens Facebook page of your pet in a holiday costume for a chance to win a $50 gift card from Petco!