Internet Cafe and Back Patio
The Internet Café and the back patio are now open!! To enter the internet café you will need your FOB. You can enter the gym through the café as well.
The back patio has 2 gas grills and a beautiful gas fireplace. You first have to turn the timers on the grills and the fireplace for them to turn on. If you need help with this just ask someone in the office and we will be glad to assist you. You can either walk around back to get to the patio or go through the internet café to the gym and then out back!
Please remember that anyone under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult while in the internet café. Please make sure you do not prop open the door while in the internet café.
Leasing Office Holiday Hours
The leasing office will be closed December 25th, 26th, 31st and January 1st. If you have maintenance emergency please call 804-364-6300 and leave a message for our service team.
The office will also be closing early on Friday December 12th for our employee holiday luncheon.
December Socials: Make Your Own Ornament
When: Sunday, December 14th from 11 to 12:30.
Where: In the clubhouse
Come decorate your own holiday ornament!
Tacky Sweater Mix & Mingle: Tis the Season to be Tacky
When: Friday, December 19th from 5-7PM
Where: In the clubhouse
Bring an appetizer to share. There will be drinks and door prizes, so remember to wear your tackiest sweater!!
Let us Know We want to Grow
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us.
You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.
Spinach and Cheese Strata
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1½ cups onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 cups cubed French or Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 oz. coarsely grated Gruyere (about 2 cups)
- 2 oz. finely grated Parmesan (about 2/3 cup)
- 9 large eggs
- 2¾ cup milk
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the nutmeg, and continue to cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the spinach, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Butter the inside of a 2½-3 quart baking dish. Layer the bottom of the dish with one third of the bread cubes. Top with one third of the spinach mixture and one third of each of the cheeses. Repeat these layers twice more with the bread, spinach and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, the remaining ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Whisk together until blended. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread and spinach layered in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 1 day.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Bake uncovered until puffed, golden brown and cooked through, 45-55 minutes. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings. Plants and doormats are allowed near your front door but must not block access to the stairwells of any apartment homes.
- Please remember to pick up your packages at the clubhouse as our package closet is starting to get very full throughout this holiday season.
Because of how full our closet can get this time of the year the office will not be accepting any packages over 50lbs.