Please say Happy Birthday to…
Becky Eubank: August 29th
Dates to Remember:
August 5th – Sister’s Day
August 8th – Resident Appreciation Week Begins
August 15th – Relaxation Day
August 22nd – Last Day to Donate School Supplies
August 25th – Kiss and Make Up Day
August 26th – Women’s Equality Day
Resident Appreciation Week
August 8th – 12th
Be on the lookout for emails containing more info about the events occurring this week!
Thank You and Good Luck
Stop by the office to say goodbye to our intern, Anthony! His last day is August 12th. We wish him good luck and lots of fun during his senior year at Virginia Tech!
- Two (2) guests per apartment are allowed especially during holidays and busy times.
- Anyone under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Please do not leave the pool gate open and do not let anyone in that does not have a FOB, we want our residents to be able to enjoy their pool!
- The shower that is in the pool area is just for rinsing off, please do not use soap or shampoo as it causes mildew build up and odor in the shower area.
Monday’s: Noon – 9PM
Tuesday – Sunday: 10AM – 9PM
BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!
Our Book Club will be meeting Wednesday, August 3 in the Clubhouse at 5:15pm, everyone is welcome to join us!
Maintenance Requests and Rent Payment
We would like to encourage our residents to pay rent and submit maintenance requests through our website, thegardensliving.com, exclusively. When maintenance requests are submitted through the website, they go directly to the maintenance team, which can ultimately expedite your service. When you pay your rent online you can easily check your account balance and setup recurring payments through your bank account or credit card.
Help Kids Succeed
HHHunt is collecting school supplies and monetary donations for Dumbarton Elementary School in Henrico County! Supplies needed include: wide-ruled notebook paper, #2 pencils, highlighters, black and white composition books, lined index cards, pocket folders, washable markers, glue sticks, crayons, children’s scissors and pencil boxes. Please drop donations off in the Leasing Office before August 22nd.
The Gardens provides pest control service every week; if you notice an issue, please let us know so we can add your apartment to receive service. Please do not wait and allow pests to spread.
Below is the list of scheduled buildings:
Below is the list of scheduled buildings:
August 4: Building 4911: 105-108, 205-208, 305-308
August 11: Building 4921: 101-102, 201-204, 301-304
August 18: Building 4921: 105-106, 205-208, 305-308
August 25: Building 4931: 101-102, 201-204, 301-304
Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped garlic chives OR 1 tablespoon fresh chives and 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Place corn with husks and silks intact in a large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover. Let soak for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, for garlic-chive vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the vinegar, mustard, and garlic chives. Cover and shake well; set aside.
3. Brush the romaine with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside. For a charcoal grill, grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes or until kernels are tender, turning once and rearranging ears occasionally. Grill romaine, cut sides down, directly over medium coals for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred and wilted. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place corn on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above; remove corn. Place romaine on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
4. Place a romaine heart half on each of 4 salad plates. Remove corn husks and silks from ears. Cut kernels from cobs. In a medium bowl combine corn kernels and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Drizzle romaine with the remaining vinaigrette. Spoon the corn and tomato mixture over romaine halves. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Enjoy!
- If you have an emergency please call it in right away, so we can fix it as quick as possible so that it does not result in more damage
- Please do not mess with the landscaping. We are seeing a lot of bushes/flowers/trees/plant material being pulled out of the ground and left in the breezeways and sidewalks and it is unsightly
- Please throw all your trash into the trash compactor. We are seeing more and more trash being thrown into the roll off dumpster and it is attracting crows and buzzards
- Please be continuously mindful of your neighbors and pick up after your pet at all times.