Cool down with a nice cool treat at our ice cream social on August 13th at the clubhouse from 1 P.M.-2 P.M. The office staff will host a Mix & Mingle August 31st at the clubhouse from 5 P.M. - 6 P.M. We look forward to seeing each of you!
We strongly encourage each of you to pay your rent online at thegardensliving.com. You can pay your rent and water at one time. This saves you writing a check and allows you to pay at your convenience. For residents who pay with a check their will be no fee! Each month we will have a rent drawing and someone who paid their rent online will receive a $25.00 gift card.
Happy Birthday to Becky Eubank- August 29th
During Office Hours, you may request service by phoning the rental office at 804-364-6300. We strive to have all service requests completed within 24 hours after they have been reported to our office. In some cases, a part may not be available or an outside contractor may be required. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
We are also pleased to offer our residents 24 hour emergency maintenance service. Below you will find a detailed list of what is considered a true maintenance emergency after regular office hours.
- Fire (call 911 first!)
- Loss of Electricity or Gas (except when due to non-payment of bill)
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Waterline Break or sewer back-up
- Toilet clogged
- Breach of Security (i.e. lock not working properly, break-in)
- An odor of Gas
- Beeping of smoke detectors
If you experience any of the above listed problems in your apartment, please call the 24 hour emergency maintenance phone number at 804-364-6300. Please leave a detailed message including your apartment number, name and phone number. A member of our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
Water Bills Reminder
Your water bills should now be coming to you on a monthly basis. You will pay your water bill with your monthly rent. The bills will still come from Yes Energy, but you will pay directly to our office or online.
We Want To Know! Your Opinion Matters!
As a valued resident your opinion always matters. Please take a moment and let us know about your stay with us. You can log onto Apartment Ratings.com and write a recommendation for The Gardens, we would love to hear from you.
Arugula, Watermelon and Feta Salad
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 cup minced shallots (1 large)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup good olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
1/8 th seedless watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
12 ounces good feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced
1 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
1. Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
2. Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Western Pest is scheduled for pest control the following days: August 12th, and August 26th. If you need them to come to your home, please call our office and we will put you on the list.
• Bird Feeders: Although bird feeders give us the opportunity to view nature up close, birds have the potential to cause great damage to our buildings. Because of this potential damage, bird feeders are prohibited from being placed on, attached to or hung on any building or tree within HHHunt communities.
• According to fire regulations entry halls and/or breezeways must be clear at all times to provide a safe passage for all residents and guests. Please be aware that it is a fire hazard to store any items, including bicycles, in the entry halls, breezeways, stairwells or common areas of the buildings unless specifically agreed to by Management. If an item is being stored in the breezeway, stairwell, or common area, management will remove it without prior notice and a $50 charge will be assessed to the resident. These items must be claimed within seven (7) business days at the Leasing Office, or they will be disposed of.
• Please pick up after your pets and walk pets away from the front of building entryways and landscaped areas to protect the grassy areas and landscape around the buildings.
• Please be mindful that the speed limit on the property is 10 MPH.
• Service Request: To place a service request, please call the rental office or submit an online service request. All service requests are handled in the order received & the emergency status. Please do ask the service technician to add on service request items when they come to your apartment. You will need to contact the rental office so additional service request tickets can be made in an effort to track all work being done in an apartment.
• Pick Your Neighbors: You can pick your new neighbors by referring your community to your family, friends and co-workers and receive a $150 referral bonus!