Holidays: 10am until 9pm
Monday: 12 noon until 9pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 10am until 9pm
Please remember that if you hear thunder, exit the pool quickly. The pool will remain closed for thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard.
You are welcome to bring drinks and food to the pool but for safety no glass containers are permitted.
For optimal performance it is best to keep you’re A/C at one temperature rather than turning it up and down and on and off.
If you notice you a/c is not cooling please call us right away.
- There is no better way to improve Customer Service than to find out what YOU, the residents want. Please be on the look out for the new surveys and feel free to go to our website, to fill out our regular Resident Survey. Your input is greatly valued and appreciated.
- Renters Insurance:
Did you know?
The average renter purchases about $35,000 in coverage for their personal belongings.
What are the basic coverage’s?
Property: To protect your personal belongings at home and away
Liability: To protect you financially against costly claims and lawsuits.
What your landlord does not cover.
Your landlord’s policy only covers the building where you live, not your personal belongings. For that you need a renter’s insurance policy.
How inexpensive renters insurance is.
The monthly cost for a State Farm Renters Policy can be as low as the cost of a DVD. Compare that to the small fortune it would take to replace all you own!
If you interested in renters insurance contact State Farm:
John R Patterson
10148 W Broad Street Suite 100
Glen Allen, VA 23060
BACK TO SCHOOL PIZZA PARTY!
WHEN: Thursday August 22nd
Come early because the pizza won’t last!
Please do not pull up in front of the mailbox area to get your mail. Blocking this area can be dangerous and make it difficult for others cars to get around.
Please park in an unreserved parking space and walk to get your mail so that cars coming in and exiting may do so safely.
Please be aware of your speed while driving though the community. We know it can be difficult to adhere to the speed limit however, we know that no one was to cause an accident by speeding.
We do hope to install some additional speed bumps in the community within the next 6 months to help with this concern.
Warm Pasta Salad w/ Shrimp
- 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined $Click to see savings
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion $Click to see savings
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Combine juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well
with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Stir in salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with
cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until done.
Stir in spinach, cannellini beans, red onion, and 2 tablespoons
capers; toss to combine. Add the pasta and juice mixture to shrimp
What's the Coolest Place in your Place?
Here at The Gardens, we want to know what part of your apartment is the coolest space ever! We will be running a photo contest for the next month.
We want to see the best part of your home environment whether it is a room that makes you feel happy, a project you finally finished, an outdoor place of tranquility, or even just some really cool decorating flair.
Whatever floats your boat about your place, we want to see and hear about it!
- Submit your photo by uploading it to our Facebook page; The Gardens at Twin Hickory between July 25th and August 25th.
- The Gardens enthusiasts (that’s you!) will vote for your favorite photo between August 26th and August 31st.
- The winner will be whoever has the most LIKES on their photo and will win $200 to Pier 1 Imports!!!
Happy Birthday to Becky Eubank on August 29th!!!