If you live in an apartment in Glen Allen, VA and are looking for the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day around Richmond, here are a few ideas:
Thursday, Feb. 13
- Girls’ Night Out: Love Your Heart, Love Yourself: Innsbrook is hosting a Girls’ Night Out featuring dinner from the Silver Diner, decadent desserts, healthy and beauty professionals and two motivational speakers from the American Heart Association.
- Richmond Ballet’s Cinderella: Get into the romantic mood with Richmond Ballet’s take on the classic fairy tale Cinderella. Choreographed by Malcolm Burn for the ballet and featuring the music of Prokofiev. Repeats through Sunday. Times vary.
Friday, Feb. 14
- Bio Ritmo Valentine’s Dance Party: Richmond’s own Bio Ritmo brings their signature Latin dance party to the Camel. Blow it up, RVA! 9 p.m.
- Cupid Crawl & For the Love of Beer-ing Single: Whether you’re single and looking to mingle or a couple looking for something fun to do, you can join in the Cupid Crawl hosted by the American Heart Association, It Takes 2 and Experience RVA. Transportation will be provided to several bars including Southern Railway Taphouse and Pearl Raw Bar. 6 p.m. $15. If you’re single, stick around for the Love of Beer-ing Single mixer at Capital Ale House for $5 at 8 p.m.
- Gladys Knight at the Landmark: The lady, the legend come to the Landmark.Sway in your seats to Gladys Knight classics like “Midnight Train to Georgia” and “Neither One of Us.” Gladys Knight has won seven Grammy awards and will be bringing over five decades of hits to her Valentine’s show.
- The Love Tour at Maymont: Visit Maymont Mansion on Valentine's Day weekend as elegantly costumed ladies and gentlemen relate details of Queen Victoria's royal love story and the courting customs of the era. Discover the Victorian language of love as depicted in the décor of Maymont Mansion, where romantic swans, red roses and costly indulgences reflect James Dooley's loving devotion to his wife, Sallie. Guided tours available every half-hour; last tour begins at 4:30 p.m. $6 per person, $4 for members. Add a private horse-drawn carriage ride to your tour by calling 804-358-7166, ext. 340. Noon to 5 p.m. Repeats Saturday, Feb. 15.
- Sweethearts' Ball at the John Marshall: The Royal Virginians 15-piece Big Band will be returning to the Historic John Marshall Hotel for an evening of dining and dancing. Doors open at 6 p.m., with The Royal Virginians performing from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. and then from 8 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- WRIR’s Black Valentine Show: WRIR’s annual Black Valentine’s Day Show will have cover songs of love gone wrong by Clayton England, The Cales and the Lightfields. WRIR DJ Charlie, from The Creepy Side of Love Show, will also be playing songs of bad love to dance to. There will also be a live bachelor auction with proceeds going to WRIR. All bachelors come with a gift certificate for a dinner for two at a local restaurant. Free.
Saturday, Feb. 15
- A Whistle Stop Theatre Dream Valentines Day Party: Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your littlest Valentine at the Ashland Firehouse Theater. Bring your little one dressed as a princess (or prince) for an enchanted Valentine’s Day (after) party with snacks, games, dancing, stories and Cinderella. 1 p.m. Repeats Sunday at 4 p.m.