Summer vacation is now upon us in Richmond. Sometimes it's hard to come up with different activities to keep the kids happy and the parents from going crazy. As much as your kids will tell you they can't wait for summer, "I'm bored," inevitably crosses their lips. While children do enjoy the summer months, and playing at The Gardens’ pool is a blast, they still like to have a little structure to their fun. This summer, more than ever, families are trying to stick to a budget while still having fun with their kids.
- Free Bowling! Two games per day every day from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Shoe rental required.
- Free movies – Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Bowtie on the Boulevard
- $1 movies! - Also Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Bowtie, but the movies are different.
- Cobblestones Splash Zone. Be sure to print out your $2 off coupons!
- Flying Squirrels “Squirrel Tails Kids Club” - with free membership, kids get free tickets to Sunday home games. Every “A” on your child’s 3rd and 4th quarter report cards can be redeemed for a free home game ticket.
- Free Donuts! Krispy Kreme will give you a free donut for every “A” on your child’s report card (up to a half dozen).
- Science Museum of Virginia! Annual membership for 2 adults and all children in the household under 18 is $99, this is less than the cost of 3 visits for a family of 4.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) – Annual Membership for 2 adults and children under 18 within the household is $75.